Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Be Yourself

We are born to be original. Never pretend to be someone else and never afraid to be you! In fact, God created to be us not to copy or faking our self. Anyone who have problem in discovering himself/herself should just join Glee club lolz...



The main reason i write this thread is because this song by Bruno Mars stucked in my head almost for 2 weeks already..Some people find it difficult to be him/herself.. but for me, i always think that be who you are and say what you feel is the most natural act ever..

Bruno Mars and Billy Joel also think alike.. The verse that catches my attention in Bruno's masterpiece is:-

And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you’re amazing
Just the way you are..



and if for Billy Joel:-

Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before..





The principle is simple.. if u want people to accept u they way u are, u should accept them as well. a person shall never change because it will differentiate between u and the thousand stars in the sky..
Be what you are.  This is the first step toward becoming better than you. You should love all ur flaws and your imperfection .


Back when i was still confuse of myself, i like to pretend to be someone else which should never did.. i dislike the way i look.. *suda la gumuk, mata sepet, skin pun not that perfect*..Malu with myself and social pun kurang..
From there, from that moment, I ask myself, if u are not u, will u be happy pretending?



But, i am lucky that during school days especially high school, I have great friend that always support me..Then after several years i start to be happy with myself.. then baru la ada little self-esteem.. Then build up self-control and everthing.. Its the point where I become ME..Some people will critize you, but never ever let their "compliment" bring u down.. I've encounter it for like hundreds time.. People keep trying to put me down and step on me but I never listen walaupun hati mmg terasa.

Well, Christina Aguilera herself sung the song "Beautiful" well enough to remind us we are beautiful and words can't bring us down... We should a always have self- motivation and be open for anything.. Living ur life as you want it then be you...
For some people, it is learning to love yourself, for others, it's not hiding who you are or changing things about you to fit in.



There are several steps that you can take to be YOU:-

1)You can't be yourself if you don't know, understand, and accept yourself first
2)Stop caring about how people think about you
3) Be honest and open.We're all imperfect, growing, and human beings
4) Develop and express your individuality
5) Believe in who you are
6) Follow your own style
7) Smile



Being different is absolutely beautiful and it attracts people to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment