Thursday, October 21, 2010

Its Official- Giving Away My Organ

It is  official that i am an organ donor on the 20.10.2010... I went to Hospital Sg.Buloh together with my friends and fill up a form to be an organ donor .





Organ donation is the removal of the tissues of the human body from a person who has recently died, or from a living donor, for the purpose of transplanting. Organs and tissues are removed in a surgical procedure. At the time of death the organ, tissue, or eye recovery agency will make a determination, based on the person's medical and social history of which organs/tissues are suitable for transplantation.

Organ donation typically takes place after brain death, the irreversible loss of all brain functions, including the brain stem. Tissue donation can take place after brain death or cardiac death (the irreversible loss of cardiovascular function)~Wikipedia.




At 1st i changed my mind to fill up the form. but then, i realize that if today is not the day, when it will be?





The main reason i wanted to be one because i want to give other people chance to live when i die. Giving them 2nd chance to live and be happy would be great feeling for me although im dead.
Right now, it is my own decision. i havent inform my family yet.but hopefully, they will support beacuse it is a noble action  i want to do before i die.





I wish i can see the person's face when given chance to live.I dont want to waste my organ to be buried 6 feet under. This is because im taking care of my organ perfectly now and it would be a waste if to be wasted like that.
In fact, i want my organ scattered all over the place. I wish my bone is somewhere at school lab for anatomy for education purposes, my Cornea is somewhere maybe in Korea,and my heart is somewhere special with unknown person and my lung somewhere with people who really wants another chance to breath.






Be one and make ur life more meaningful. By helping others, ur life will be blessed with unconditional love and prosperity...

No comments:

Post a Comment